Wednesday, March 2, 2011

READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY!



Today is a special day for reading, besides being Dr. Seuss Birthday, it is Read Across America Day. We celebrated by having a VERY special guest reader. I was so excited that my dad was able to come in and share some of his time with our class. He read the book, "Just Me and My Dad" (which for me was great because I am still the biggest Daddy's girl around!). The book reminded me of many great fishing and canoe trips that I took with my dad as a little girl. The kids had great questions and he even dressed the part of the Dad. With fishing gear in tow - HE DID A GREAT JOB!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I didn't get to see him read. I bet Mrs. Johnson's class loved having him read. Did he have some great fishing stories?

    ReplyDelete