Friday, March 9, 2012

No time to stop...

The week has been busy with creative learning. Thank you for supporting our performance on Tuesday night. The kids had a great time sharing all that they learned about Texas. We celebrated today with an old-fashion Texas Sized Chili Cook Off. Thanks to Mrs. Pearce, Mrs. Thomas, and Mrs. Paul, the entire first grade sampled chili, cornbread, and watched their performance. We licked the pot clean, as some kids went back for fourths!

Science has been exciting as we learn about the sun, stars, and moon. Today we re-created the moon phases with oreo cookies. Students brought home their work to show off.

Lastly, students have been working on research projects for the last few weeks. Two groups showed off their work in the commercials Tuesday night. Today another group finished and presented their research on clouds. They worked to research, write a reader's theater script, create costumes and direct the extra actors.

I hope you enjoy seeing their work as much as I did! I wish you a restful spring break. As for me, I feel as if it is Thanksgiving and not Spring Break. I am loving the sound of rain (and hoping it fills the lake), looking forward to some lazy mornings, time with family (our oldest is visiting from Boston later in the week), and ready to watch some great volleyball (Good Luck Elite Nike Team - go Addie) this weekend. I feel blessed today and everyday because I LOVE what I do...thank you for trusting your kids with me! HAPPY SPRING BREAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment