Sunday, June 1, 2014

The fork in the road!

Dr.  Suess said, “Today was good, today was fun, tomorrow is another one.”  With fond memories in my heart and more than a few tears in my eyes, I announce that I am leaving Meadow Wood to teach 1st grade at Hunter’s Creek. 

Looking back at my blog, I realized, by coincidence, I named it exactly what I wanted to show…Johnson’s Journey.  The last 6 years have been an amazing journey filled with incredible friends, creative colleagues, and most of all lots of hard work that has shown its rewards over and over in the faces of the kids I have had the privilege to guide.  This journey for me was a secondary plan in life, but after stepping into the role of teacher, I quickly learned it was the only place I wanted to be.  So today, as I look to the fun that tomorrow will bring, I would be remiss to not think back about the “where” I have come. 

My husband and I put our kids in Meadow Wood 19 years ago, after buying a home in Nottingham Forest.  We fell in love with the special school that sat on Memorial and continued to support it even when we had a gap when a Johnson was not attending.  I held tons of positions on the PTA, served on THE CAT team as a community member, and then began to sub and eventually teach.  In the years here, I have seen 4 principals, great teachers perfect their craft, lost an amazing friend and teacher to cancer, and seen kids grow into responsible adults.  What a JOURNEY!

My mom always said, change is a part of life.  For me this is always a difficult.  I am the person that puts her furniture in one location and doesn’t change it – ever!  I thank you for the support and belief you have by entrusting your kids with me.  As my journey takes a turn, I will look back fondly on the road that MWE paved in my heart, and look forward with excitement at the road ahead!  Please continue to follow my journey at  www. johnsonsjournycontinues.blogspot.com.




1 comment:

  1. Ashley, we were privileged to have you as a teacher!! Dylan LOVED you. We still have two more kids to go through first grade, and it puts a hole in my heart that the possibility of having you teach another McKnight boy is gone. Best wishes in your new endeavor, and know how much of an impact you made in your last one. The McKnight Boys love you!!!

    ReplyDelete